1. Art is a vehicle for combining ideas or disciplines that allow for new means of expression.
2. Art is the inclusion of any elements required to evoke an authentic response from the viewer.
3. Art is the application of technical know-how to solve an aesthetic problem.
4. Art is psycho therapy in that it allows the artist and viewer to discover the unknown about themselves through process.
5. Art is the illusion of effortlessness perfection.
6. Art is sometimes perfect turmoil, carefully planned and presented within the framework of technical mastery.
7. Art is the indirect expression of an emotion thru the strict attention to detail.
8. Art is the foreshadowing, not the cause, of disruptive ideas and technologies.
9. Art is a game in which the viewer gets to solve a puzzle.
10. Art is the artificial solution to a natural problem.
11. Art is slowing down to enjoy the process of creating.
- Jon Lybrook - August 2015